Sunday, April 5, 2009

MY FIRST BABY SHOWER


I went to my first baby shower!!!! Mommy's old college roommate, Shannon Schlink, baby is due in May and her mom and sister gave a wonderful party for her and the baby.
I went to meet Shannon, her mom and her dad. It was fun.


I saw a lot of things I have never seen before. The first thing was a fire in a fireplace. That held my attention for a long time. The next thing was a Baby Tree that Shannon's mom created for the event. There were lots of presents, lots of food and lots of people.

Mr. Schlink even took me on a special walk to see the restaurant and held me and talked to me while my mommy visited with some of her friends. Shannon looks familiar - I liked that. After I met all the people that were special to mommy my daddy came and picked me up. I don't know if I liked being separated at that time, I didn't even have cake, but I know mommy would be able to eat lunch and have some time alone and she would be home soon.

I also wore my first pair of tights. What in the heck are those things and why do you guys wear them???? I am so accustom to bare feet and bare legs this will take some getting use to.
On Monday my Great Aunt Beverly and Great Uncle Robin are coming to see me. I am excited for that event.
Love, Katrina

1 comment:

  1. Tights stink! Alyssa doesn't like those either she thinks they are for the birds - and she gets no traction for running because her feet are covered - Alyssa always has one sock missing so she can run faster without falling. She will only wear stretch pants or her glitter leg warmers under her dresses. She looks pretty funny sometimes but she seem happier. Katrina we all hate tights it's the downside to being a girl...there is more but we will wait til you are older to drop that news to you. Love you cousin Jeanine

    ReplyDelete