Friday, April 3, 2009

JUST FOR YOU


This ones for you!!!!
You have followed the journey from half way round the world to Sussex, Wisconsin with us so now we are hoping you will continue the journey as Katrina grows and adds adventure and wonder to our lives. Your comments, your pictures, your family - everything can be added to this blog and it will be a fun way to see how Katrina relates to her new surroundings and life.
First, I need to tell you that the parents have been going non stop since they arrived back in the US. It all started with a trip to the ER at 2:30am on her arrival day (the plane ride did havoc to her skin condition), a trip to the Filipino Medical Clinic by 8am, more
doctor appts, visits from family and friends and non ending telephone calls - so that is why there hasn't been an update on the Journey blog. It has been a struggle to get her on a schedule that would help her and her parents get over their jet lag. We can't figure out why the trip there didn't cause as much discomfort as the trip home but we have all vowed that any return trips will be in First Class, Business Class or we will buy a whole row in coach. Well, at least that is what gramma is saying. Now on to what Katrina is saying -

Mommy and daddy have changed me over to soy based formula. They are also introducing different foods slowly to see how I react to them. I still have my staples of rice and rice cereal but I am loving bananas, raisins and juice too. Gramma told my mommy that even if I don't like something the first time I need to keep having it because I may like it - this comes from a woman who won't try anything new, so go figure.
I love my bedroom, the mattress is thick and kushy. Since I am getting the cream on my skin I am waking up happy and raring to go. Kelso, Mya and Piggy love me - that is because I am now a source of food for them. They won't snatch anything away from me, but they now know that anything that hits the floor will now be theirs. I am hoping that I don't hit the floor!!!!
Here are some things that I can do so far - I can make my fingers move in the itsy bitsy spider song, I love looking in mirrors and kissing myself, I clap my hands when I am excited, I love the Baby Einstein DVD (OK Mom and Dad you need a new DVD player as the darn thing is skipping), I can point to my eyes, nose and mouth (pointing is considered rude in the Philippines so this is a new one for me) and I love to explore the cupboards where those darn locks haven't been installed. I even put back all the stuff that I took out and my mommy thinks that means that I will keep my bedroom and play area clean, right......
When family visits I get presents - they say they are my presents from Christmas but I am thinking they just want to shower me with things. Hold off fans - I have lots of growing to do and will have lots of needs that you can all fulfill - like make up, jewelry, a car - only kidding. I love all my toys so far - baby Stella, my kitchen, the horsey from cousin Alyssa and all my books. I may not know how to say thank you but you can tell when I am playing that I am thinking it. Remember, you don't need excuses to come visit - just say I called and asked you to come.
My no no's are the dog's water dish, the stairs and the metal wall hanging (which has already fallen down on my recent pull). In Tagalog no is " O O" maybe that is why I don't know what the heck they are saying.
Mommy and daddy are doing a good job as parents so far, I will keep you posted when they start to slip up. I don't know what to think of the cold, the heat in the house, and the car seat. All are new to me.
OK, it is time for me to go. If there is anything you'd like to know about the IDE household I'll be your mole. Love to all of you and here are some pictures of me.
Katrina

4 comments:

  1. Very cute pics. I can't wait to see her again today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOO...thank you so much for the new pics and the updates. It is really great to see her. Did she get to go out in the snow???
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katrina girl, sorry that your first day was so hard on you but, it is good to hear that you are feeling better with your new soy milk and special cream. Whenever we have a boo-boo Mom uses special cream, she calls it "superman cream" and it makes us feel better right away. Mom says that we should explain to you the "family nap" this is the nap that we take at our house when we finally exhaust our parents and ourselves by doing so much - we all take a long nap together and wake up and have a snack. Katrina is like Alyssa, she feeds our dog Tank everything - he sits right by her chair and Mommy calls him "the bad word" and then says "you should never say that". We hope that these tips have helped you out - and stay out of "the naughty corner" it is no fun! Time out's, who thought of that anyways? We love you little cousin. Love Joey and Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  4. When are you guys going to get back from the Phillipines? I am waiting to see my niece.

    ReplyDelete