Friday, September 4, 2009

On the mend...
















The end of July and August were rough as I battled constant sickness--you must know that I remained happy, playful, active, and smiling throughout the whole thing--that is throughout ear infections, a sinus infection, high fevers, fluid in my ears, and enlarged tonsils and adenoids! It took me three different antibiotics. I am still on number three--20 days! It seems that I am finally on the mend--let's keep our fingers crossed! You people here have some meeeannn viruses! Yikes.

I am growing more beautiful by each day--now a whopping 19.5 pounds! My favorite foods are noodles, rice and vegetables, hot dogs, peas, and purple grapes. I still love my "bah-bah" bottle and find comfort in it after every meal. I love to read the Napping House--over and over and over again. I love Barney and anything on the Disney Channel--the Imagination Movers are my favorite to dance to. Speaking of dancing--anything that has a beat gets me going--the other day, the sound of the washing machine had me bobbing my head:)
I am talking up a storm--some of my words: apple, banana, avocado, grapes, cheese, up, down, sleep, hello, bye-bye, hi!, Noooo, more, jump, baby, doggy, weeeeeeee!, happy, sad,...the list goes on. I am very dramatic and giggle with my hands covering my mouth. I like to fall and say, "Whoooa!" I have gotten yelled at many times for jumping on the bed, and running away and hiding when my parents needed me. But, I am so cute, I get away with alot. I call my blankie "bring back" because that's what my mommy sings to me when I rock her.."Bring Back, Bring Back, oh bring back my bonny to me..."
My second birthday is just around the corner--September 17th! That will be the last of the blog! The adoption will be complete in a month and I will get my own social security card. My permanent residency card came in the mail for USCIS! I can't believe it will soon be 6 months home with my family. It is like we have always been! Love you--Kat-Kat!

4 comments:

  1. OK Kat... if you are not going to have a blog anymore, then how will I get pics of you to keep scrapping? I have several more pages to add to your book. Maybe Mom can email some to me instead? Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katrina, we are so happy to hear that you are feeling better but we are sad to see your blog go. Joey and Alyssa loved the idea so much that Mommy has one going just like yours - we are not ready to launch it but we sure hope that the pictures and all the funny stories will be as cute as the ones were on your blog. We love you and can't wait to hear all about your 2nd birthday. Cousin Jeanine, Joey and Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how sad, no more blog???? I looked forward to reading it every day and was disappointed when there was nothing new !!! Guess I will have to come up and see for myself. Love Aunt Alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kat you have to tell Mommy to keep this going so we can watch you grow. Pleeeeeeeeeeze?
    Sue

    ReplyDelete